Positions and Honors
– PhD in Medicine (Infectious and Parasitic Diseases)- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
– Masters (MSc) in Pneumology – Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
– Full Professor of Pediatrics – Medical School- at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
– Professor of Maternal and Child Health Infectious; Infectious and Parasitic Diseases and Internal Medicine Postgraduate Programs – Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
– President of Scientifc Departament of Pneumology of Brazilian Pediatrics Society (1990-1992)(2002-2004)
– Vice-president of Pediatrics Society of State of Rio de Janeiro (SOPERJ)(1998-2000)(2004-2006)
– Member- Technical Advisory Committee on Tuberculosis of the Brazilian Ministry of Health
– Member- Childhood Tuberculosis Sub Group of Stop TB Iniciative of World Health Organization
– Coordinator- Pediatrics Area of the Tuberculosis Research Network (2016-2018 and 2018-2020). Emeritus member since 2020.
– Scientific Editor of Residência Pediátrica Journal (on line- ISSN 2236-6814)
– Research Productivity Grant Level 1B from CNPq (National Council for Scientific and Technological Development)
Pediatric Pneumology, Brazilian Society of Pediatrics and Brazilian Society of Pulmonology
Main Research areas:
- Pediatric Pneumology
- Tuberculosis in children and adolescents
- Asthma in childhood and adolescence
- Community-acquired pneumonia in childhood
1. CHIANG, S. S.; WATEROUS, P.; ATIENO, V. F.; BERNAYS, S.; BONDARENKO, Y.; CRUZ, A. T.; OLIVEIRA, M. B.; BARRIENTOS, H. C.; SANT’ ANNA, CLEMAX COUTO
Caring for Adolescents and Young Adults with Tuberculosis or at Risk of Tuberculosis: Consensus Statement from an International Expert Panel. JOURNAL OF ADOLESCENT HEALTH. , v.72, p.323 – , 2023.
2. CARVALHO, A. C. C.; CARDOSO, C. A. A.; ANNA, M. F. B. P. S.; AURILIO, R. B.; SIAS, S. A.; MARTINS, P. S.; BARBOSA, A. P.; SANT´ANNA, CLEMAX; MIGLIORI, G. B.
Pediatric tuberculosis in the metropolitan area of Rio de Janeiro. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES. , p.e1 – e26, 2020.
3. OLIVEIRA, M. B.; SANT’ANNA, CLEMAX COUTO; LUIZ, R. R.; Kritski, AL.
Tuberculosis among children and adolescents in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – focus on Extrapulmonary disease. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INFECTIOUS DISEASES. , v.104, p.e1 – , 2021.
4. AURILIO, R. B.; MALAQUIAS, T.; Kristski AL; CARDOSO, C. A.; SANT’ANNA, CLEMAX COUTO
The clinical and molecular diagnosis of childhood and adolescence pulmonary tuberculosis in referral centers. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical. , v.53, p.e20200205 – , 2020.
5. Sant’Anna CC; ORFALIAIS, C. T. S.; MARCH, M. F. B. P.
A retrospective evaluation of a score system adopted by the Ministry of Helath, Brazil in the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in childhood: a case control study. REVISTA DO INSTITUTO DE MEDICINA TROPICAL DE SAO PAULO. , v.45, p.103 – 105, 2003.